Contact Us for a Free Initial Consultation 888-500-8469

California Legal News

Family Leave California Family Rights Act – CFRA

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Oct 29, 2018 | 0 Comments

Pregnancy discrimination

Unpaid Job Protection Rights | Family Leave

The California Family Rights Act (CFRA) provides job protection benefits for qualified employees during many family leave situations. Covered employers must provide notice to employees of their rights under the California Family Rights Act; look for a notice that required to be posted in a conspicuous area. CFRA includes up to twelve work weeks of family leave if you qualify.

California family rights act

There are specifics to the California and federal law to consider for family leave. For example, CFRA covers employers that are private companies “who do business in California” and employ 50 or more part or full time employees and it includes non profit and religious organizations. It also includes placement of a child in the employee's family for adoption or foster care. There are:

For detailed family leave information, visit our page on the California Family Rights Act hereand contact Kingsley & Kingsley to have your questions answered by an experienced California Labor & Employment Attorney.

About the Author

Eric Kingsley

In practice since 1996, attorney and firm co-founder Eric B. Kingsley has litigated complex cases and authored numerous appellate briefs in both state and federal court on behalf of the California law firm of Kingsley & Kingsley, including over 150 class actions. Mr. Kingsley concentrates his pra...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation

At Kingsley & Kingsley, we understand that you may be going through a difficult time, and we are here to help you recover from the wrongs that you suffered. An attorney at our Los Angeles law firm can meet with you for a free initial consultation to discuss your circumstances. We also take most cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay any fees unless you win or recover compensation. Call 888-500-8469