The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) recently released figures for the number of workplace discrimination charges filed in fiscal year 2012. The sexual discrimination charges reported in the United States rose by 6% and in California by 5.7% over 2011.
Here's a look at the 2012 EEOC Workplace Discrimination Statistics:
- 30,356 sex discrimination charges were filed in the United States, up 6% over 2011
- Nationally, sexual discrimination charges, which include sexual harassment and pregnancy allegations, rank third after retaliation (37,836) and race (33,512)
- $365.4 million dollars worth of monetary recoveries made nationally
- 2,036 sexual discrimination charges were filed in California, up 5.7% over 2011
- California charges account for 6.7% of the total sexual discrimination charges in the country
If you have been a victim of sexual discrimination at work or know someone who has been, please call us at 888-500-8469. An attorney at our firm can meet with you for a free initial consultation to discuss the circumstances of your case. We also take most cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay any fees unless you win or recover compensation.