Call Our Free Helpline Now 888-500-8469

California Legal News

Have Your Rights Under the California Family Rights Act Been Violated?

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Sep 18, 2013 | 0 Comments

What should I do now?

Always remember that California laws are in place to protect you. If you believe your employer is preventing you from taking leave under the California Family Rights Act, it's important to know what to do.  Taking action quickly is important as you have only one year from the act of discrimination to file a complaint.

Here are the steps you need to take:

1.    Keep records and have copies of documents that support your complaint.  This could include any of the following: emails, written correspondence, paycheck stubs, or calendars.

2.    Be ready to present the facts.  Once your complaint is reported the Department of Fair and Equal Housing will conduct an impartial investigation.

3.    File a Complaint with DFEH. Complaints must be filed with the DFEH within 1 year of the event.

4.    Consult with an attorney.  Get the advice and guidance of an experienced attorney. The lawyers with Kingsley & Kingsley located in Los Angeles, California have a wealth of experience fighting for victims of discrimination. To have an attorney evaluate your claim, contact our firm today for a free initial consultation. Or you can call us here in Los Angeles: 888-500-8469.

Additional Resources:

The California Family Rights Act – Q

DFEH's CFRA Pamphlet

About the Author

Eric Kingsley

In practice since 1996, the firm's lawyer and co-founder, Eric B. Kingsley, has litigated complex cases and written numerous appeals in state and federal courts on behalf of the California law firm Kingsley & Kingsley, including More than 150 collective actions. Mr. Kingsley focuses his practice ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

We Hold Employers Accountable - Get Help Now

At Kingsley & Kingsley, we understand that you need help with your employment case now. A legal professional at our Los Angeles law firm can speak with you for a free initial consultation to help you with your situation. We also take most cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay any fees unless you win or recover compensation. Call 888-500-8469