The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) recently released figures for the number of religious discrimination charges filed in fiscal year 2012. The numbers are encouraging, showing decreases both nationally and in the state of California.
Here's a look at the 2012 EEOC Workplace Religious Discrimination Statistics
- 3,811 religious discrimination charges were filed in the United States, down 8% over 2011.
- Nationally, religious discrimination charges made up 3.8% of charges filed.
- $9.9 million dollars worth of monetary recoveries were made nationally from religious discrimination cases.
- 345 religious discrimination charges were filed in California, down 12.4% over 2011.
- California charges account for 9.1% of the total religious discrimination charges in the country.
If you have been a victim of religious discrimination at work or know someone who has been, please call us at 888-500-8469. An attorney at our California firm can meet with you for a free initial consultation to discuss the circumstances of your case. We also take most cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay any fees unless you win or recover compensation.